The Glitter Gals do Colorblocking

Hey guys!

Guess what?! It's my good friend Jen's IGversary today!  She started her Instagram account exactly one year ago today and started posting her fabulous nail art.  I am super lucky that I got to meet Jen recently on her way home from a vacation in Florida.  She is such a sweet, funny, and talented person who I am so happy to call my friend!

To celebrate Jen's 1 year anniversary on Instagram, The Glitter Gals collaborated and created this fun Blue & Green color block!

Follow the jump to see more pictures and find out how I created this look!






The Glitter Gals is a group of four girls (Jen, Marcella, Alison, and myself) who get together about once a month and create a unique nail art look.  I sent each of these awesome girls a bottle of Essie Ruffles & Feathers so we could all use it as a part of our collaboration.

This color block collaboration is inspired by Jen's love for blue & green polishes and her love for color blocking.  Jen is the queen at color blocking/striping tape!  It is her favorite style of nail art to do, so it was only fitting that our little nail art group use a few of her favorite styles.

For my color blocking, I used 5 different polishes and skinny straight Nail Vinyls.  The polishes I used are: Essie Blanc, Where's My Chauffeur?, Ruffles & Feathers, OPI AmazON...AmazOFF, and Sinful Colors Nail Junkie.

First I painted my white base and applied a quick drying top coat.  Once dry, I applied the nail vinyls in a color blocking pattern.  See pictures below.







I used a dotting tool to place the color in each section.  I find a dotting tool is easiest to place the polish in such a small space.   Once I had all the colors placed, I removed the vinyls right away.  DO NOT wait to remove the vinyls!  It will pull up the paint and ruin the design.  I then used a small concealer brush and acetone to clean up my cuticles.  















I really love how these turned out!  The rest of my glitter gals did an amazing job taking our idea and creating such awesome nail art! If you want to check out more nail art by them, you can follow the links below:

Jen's Social Media
Twitter: @aggsdoitbetter

Marcella's Social Media
Twitter: @MarcellaUnger

Alison's Social Media


*To purchase Nail Vinyls:
Website: Nail Vinyls


Happy IGversary Jen!  I'm so happy we could do this collaboration for you! 



1 comment

  1. You are awesome! Thank you so much for doing this with me ;) Your blog looks great babe.

    ReplyDelete