Music Monday: Paramore Self-Titled Album Art

For today's Music Monday post, I have nail art inspired by Paramore's self-titled fourth album.  This was by far the most difficult nail art I have ever done.

I am in no way a great artist, so I knew doing the band members' portraits was going to be tough.  I opted to leave them faceless because I knew I could do every thing else except their eyes, nose, and mouth.  They may look a bit strange, but I also think they look really cool!  They still have enough defining features that you can tell who is who.

Follow the jump for more pictures and details on how I created this look!





To create this look, I used Wet N Wild Black Creme as my base (a one-coater - perfect!) Then I used acrylic paints and a small paintbrush from Michael's to create the rest of the art.  I took a few behind the scenes pictures to show some of the process on creating this look.

Behind the scenes.  You can see I created a white base to build the portraits on.










Here are a few pictures of the finished artwork!  The colors aren't as bright after I added topcoat and a matte topcoat.  Kind of disappointed about that.  I liked the brightness.  














I know, I know what you're thinking.  "Hey, that symbol isn't on the album cover!"  You're right.  It's not.  That is the symbol Paramore created back in 2011 after 2 members left the band.  The 3 remaining members have this symbol tattooed on their arms.  I didn't want to leave my pinkie finger plain so I decided it would look cool alongside their portraits.  


This is my last Music Monday post - for now!  I love all kinds of music and all different artists, but Paramore is the only band that I like and listen to their entire albums.  I am planning on doing a few other series that are inspired by other works in the future.  

Make sure to check out my IG account @lowcountrylacquer to see a flipagram video I created showcasing all of my album art inspirations!




No comments:

Post a Comment