Back to School: Chalkboard Nails

It's that time of year again!  Kids are heading back to school.  I don't have kids of my own, but I am a preschool teacher and my students who graduated in May are heading to Kindergarten this week! I'm so excited to hear about their new adventures!

I teach year around so there's no real "back to school" time for me,  but I thought doing some back to school nail art would be fun for my preschoolers!  I opted for some super easy chalkboard style nail art since everyone else was doing pencils or paper.  

Follow the jump to see more pictures and find out how I achieved this look!







To achieve this look I first painted a base of Wet N Wild Black Creme.  Then I used white acrylic paint and a small paint brush from Michael's to create the writing.  I topped everything off with top coat and then matted it with Hard Candy Matte top coat. 










I realized after I did these that chalkboards probably don't really exist anymore.  Even in my own preschool classroom we use all white boards.  But there's just something about chalk on a blackboard and chalk dust that screams classroom!  Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment