The Bubble Wrap Technique

You guys know how much I love Instagram.  I follow some seriously talented ladies who are always posting nail art that is so unique and different!  There are so many new things to try and I love trying out new techniques when it comes to nail art.

I recently heard of The Bubble Wrap Technique and knew I had to give it a go.  To create this look, you dab some nail polish onto bubble wrap (yes, the stuff you use to protect things in the mail) and dab it onto your nails.  How easy is that?!  Its messy, so clean up is a must.  But I'm a BIG fan of easy nail art, even when it's kinda messy.




Continue reading to find out how I achieved this look!




1. First I painted a base of OPI My Vampire is Buff.
2.  I cut out 3 small squares of bubble wrap (roughly 1.5 in x 1.5 in.)
3.  Once my base color was dry, I dabbed Essie I'm Addicted onto the bubble wrap and then dabbed it onto all of my nails.  You can reapply the polish onto the bubble wrap if you want a more opaque look on each nail or use the same polish from the original application for a sheerer application. 
4. I did this same process for 2 more colors: Orly Ablaze and Essie Chills & Thrills. 
5.  Once I was satisfied with how my nails looked, I used a cotton swab and clean up brush to get all the extra polish off my skin. 










As if this neon goodness wasn't enough, I decided to add some chevrons on top of this.  You all know how much I love chevrons.  I used the regular size chevron Nail Vinyls which can be bought here (you can go to @teismom on Instagram and see all the wonderful manis! She also has tons of sales going on all the time.) 


Under Artificial Daylight Lamp



Natural Light


I hope you guys like these as much as I do!  I really love The Bubble Wrap Technique - it's super easy and anyone can do it.  All you need is your favorite polishes and some bubble wrap.  Have you ever tried this technique before?  What's your favorite quick nail art technique?






2 comments

  1. You could also use a wad of plastic wrap, if you don't have any bubble wrap..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so neat! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete