Essie Neons 2014 Collection (Review & Swatches)

This is a review of the Essie Neons 2014 collection.


I hardly ever, EVER buy an entire collection.  Actually I think this is the first time I have ever done so.  I normally don't love every polish in a collection enough to justify buying them all.  But when I saw the promo for these neons I was instantly in LOVE.

I did not own many neons prior to purchasing these so even though these colors may not be completely unique, they are unique to my collection.



Click Read More to see more pictures and read my reviews of these neons!






Too Taboo

Too Taboo is described as a "florescent fuchsia berry" and I totally agree! The formula was nice, applied easily.  This is 2 coats over Blanc.  However, I don't think this one needs to be layered over white to achieve a bright pink color.  Pretty nice for a pink!





Serial Shopper

Serial Shopper is described as a "florescent fire coral" - kind of a weird description if you ask me.  Its definitely an orangey-coral color.  The formula is sheer but builds nicely.  This is 3 layers over white. In regards to possible dupes, Tart Deco and Resort Fling are no where close to being dupes! 

This was hard to photograph the true color, it's a bit more coral (less orange) in real life.



Vices Versa

Vices versa is described as a "juicy neon lime" - a super bright neon green! The formula was sheer and patchy to work with.  I love the color of this so much - even if the formula isn't very desirable.  This is 3 coats over Blanc.  



Sittin' Pretty

Sittin' Pretty is described as a "vivid intense lavender." I wouldn't say this is very neon in comparison to other neons I own, but it is definitely a bright lavender color.  The formula was sheer.  This is 3 coats over Blanc. 





I'm Addicted

I'm Addicted is described as a "neon aquamarine blue" and is one of my favorites from this collection.  The formula is sheer - this is 3 coats over Blanc.  A totally gorgeous, bright blue!




Chills & Thrills

Chills & Thrills is described as a "supercharged blue violet" which I think is a pretty good description.  It looks like it should be blue but then in some lighting it looks more purple.  The formula is a bit thick and super pigmented.  This is 2 layers over Blanc, however I don't think this color needs to be layered at all! 

This color may appear a bit brighter on your computer than in real life. 



After swatching these, I knew I had to do some nail art with them!  I did a rainbow gradient using a sponge and all 6 polishes from this collection. 


Artificial lighting

Sunlight

And then I topped the gradient with leopard spots!



Artificial Lighting

Sunlight


The Essie Neons 2014 Collection was definitely my favorite collection of the summer.  They overall have good formulas and amazing colors.  They're easy to work with and are great for doing nail art!  What collections did you love from this summer ?





*Disclaimer: Essie advertises that these be worn over a white base to achieve their true color.

No comments:

Post a Comment