Peppermint Swirl Nail Art

These are 100% inspired by the gorgeous and super sweet Gianna over at Nailstorming.  I loved her simple peppermint swirl nails so much, I knew I had to try it for myself!



Follow the jump to see more pictures and find out details about this look!




My favorite indie Loaded Lacquer recently released a Holiday collection.  I had my eye on several of the polishes but with the holidays coming up, I had to hold back a bit.  I ordered one polish from the release (review soon to come!) The other polish I really loved was Freezing My Baguettes Off but I knew I could create the same look using polishes I already own.  So I saved money AND got what I wanted! WIN-WIN!



To create this base, I used three different polishes.  I used 2 coats of Loaded Lacquer Coconut (a white jelly).  Then I did one coat of Sally Hansen Rosy Shooter (a white and red glitter) and 1 sparse coat of Nicole by OPI Haley Good Lookin' (a pink glitter).  Then I topped it all off with one more coat of Coconut to create a jelly sandwich.  It might not be an exact copy of Freezing My Baguettes Off, but it's close enough for me!  

I used acrylic paints and a small nail art brush to paint on the peppermint swirls.  You can find a video tutorial on Gianna's instagram @nailstorming





I can't wait to share my review of the polish I did end up ordering from the holiday collection!  What polishes did you order from the Loaded Lacquer Holiday collection?  I'd love to hear!





Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment